Sourcing UK. - Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy
Your Personal Data:
What we need
Sourcing UK will be what’s known as the ‘processor’ (We) of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location-based information, unless a physical product is purchased. This does however include name, address, email etc.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to provide you with notice writing and needs analysis with regard to using Sourcing UK. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with it
All the personal data we process is handled by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union or US. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
How long we keep it
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed. If we have your information for marketing purposes, this will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Marketing data is only kept for 3 years.
What we would also like to do with it
We would like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and property deals which appear on the site as well as providing latest news of the property market in the UK. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone or email.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Su Elliot, who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Su Elliot and you can contact her at email@example.com
We believe that the following are being complied with. If, however, you have an enquiry on how your data is used, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
- Notice—data subjects should be given notice when their data is being collected; email and name only, in most cases although, postal addresses may be collected for physical products.
- Purpose—data should only be used for the purpose stated and not for any other purposes; property and business/news and potential property investment deals
- Consent—data should not be disclosed without the data subject’s consent; Your data will not be disclosed or shared with a third party.
- Security—collected data should be kept secure from any potential abuses; data is secured by double password and recognised email providers.
- Disclosure—data subjects should be informed as to who is collecting their data; DPO is Su Elliot, contactable on email@example.com
- Access—data subjects should be allowed to access their data and make corrections to any inaccurate data. Your data may be updated or changed at your request.
Accountability—data subjects should have a method available to them to hold data collectors accountable for not following the above principles. In the first instance, please contact Su Elliot using email.
Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency
We map data flows and hold information compliant with ICO regulations as a data controller. The data held is vital for Sourcing UK to perform its duties to you as the client/customer. Where payment of a product or service is required, we will hold contact details as well as address. No details will be held which the customer has not entered or explicitly Sourcing uk consent to hold.
We review consent with you on a yearly basis by providing an unsubscribe link on each and every email sent. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Personal data will be erased at your request at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the organisation is Su Elliot.
- Data is collected on a lawful basis for processing Sourcing uk
- Terms and Conditions are separate from Data Protection Policy’s supplied on each email from the business.
- You may positively opt in.
- Opt in boxes are used where appropriate unless data collected was from phone call or email enquiry.
- If any language is not clear, please contact email@example.com
- Data is specifically used to market property investment deals and property news around the UK as well as informing about the services of Sourcing UK
- You may consent separately to different types of processing wherever appropriate.
- The business name is Sourcing UK.
- Individuals they can withdraw consent at any time and how to do this.
- Individuals can refuse to consent without detriment.
- Consent is not a precondition of service.
We send an initial email when data is collected - permission may be withdrawn from initial contact by you.
Data Protection - your data is protected by passwords on all systems in the business. Your data will not be shared with a third on any occasion. Your data will not be transferred to any party outside of the EU. The business has effective processes to identify, report, manage and resolve any personal data breaches to the data controller,Su Elliot.
To comply with DPA new regulations issued by the ICO, we collect the following information.
What information is being collected?
Email addresses only, unless an online form is completed where name, email and telephone number are collected for future contact.
Who is collecting it?
Hugo Beardsall is the collector of information. Data is stored on the cloud, email service provider which is GDRP compliant.
How is it collected?
Information is collected by LinkedIn connection, Facebook connection, Pinterest follow, former gathered lists from property meetings, business networking meetings, property shows, business shows and events . In addition, the positive sign up from each customer.
Why is it being collected?
Data is collected of those that express an interest in investing in property or business growth.
How will it be used?
Emails are sent when new property deals are available for purchase as well as displaying the latest news of the property market and new services available on Sourcing UK.
Who will it be shared with?
Data collected is not shared with anyone other than the collector.
What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
Your data will not be shared with other organisations unless you give consent that we can share that information.
Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
An unsubscribe link is provided on each email sent. Collected information on unsubscribes is stored on central data and servers.
Unconscious data providing. Data is sometimes collected by unconscious means ie. tracking on social media. When data has been collected this way, an individual can unsubscribe at future emails by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. Data may be collected by any of the means below.
- observed, by tracking people online or by smart devices;
- derived from combining other data sets; or
You have appropriate control over how you are contacted. Consent to market can be revoked at your will. Simply click on the unsubscribe link at the base/footer of any email received, you will be unsubscribed from that marketing list. If we have collected your data onto multiple lists, then multiple unsubscribes may be required. If the system fails, please do send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a deletion of your data.
- inferred by using algorithms to analyse a variety of data, such as social media, location data and records of purchases in order to profile people for example in terms of their credit risk, state of health or suitability for a job.
You will not be asked to provide health information and will not contact you by post. We do not operate a loyalty card or any other form of loyalty bonus where your information could be stored without your consent. We will not ask for your location data nor track your data by mobile device.
Your data will not be used to offer related products or services by tracking on social media other than property investment deals or business growth by Sourcing UK. Your data is not used from recorded calls made to the office and we do not run a call centre. We do not collect data or provide services for anyone under the age of 18.
Messaging feature - The primary purpose of the messaging feature is to record conversations between investors and sourcing agents so as to provide evidence to both parties should a dispute with a deal occur. Although data protection legislation allows a user to request the deletion of data, in the case of the messaging feature, these messages will not be deleted. All users of the messaging feature consent to the storage of these conversations for as long as Sourcing UK deems reasonable, so as to support any claim in the event of a dispute.
This privacy notice is provided free of charge - anything contained, if misunderstood can be clarified by emailing email@example.com and asking to speak with the data collector.